Speed, even a fraction of a second, matters not only in athletics but website success also. It is a known fact that most of the internet users don’t wait for at least two seconds for a website to pop up its content. IT consultants insist every website owner must focus on the website speed because a fraction of a second also makes a lot of difference in user experience, conversions, and search engine rankings. Here are a few reasons why website speed is important for any website.
- The speed at which a website loads, creates the first impression on the user and high speed would definitely make a good impression. A slow website creates the impression of being untrustworthy. Usually, if users experience trouble in using the website due to slow speed they don’t come back to the site again.
- According to the IT consulting firms, the best user experience is about giving the users what they want in the fastest possible time. That’s the reason website owners should make it a priority to provide a quick website loading speed to give the best user experience.
- One of the main goals of a website is to generate leads and convert them into sales. It estimated that around 40% of people abandon a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load. So, according to the IT consultants, it is important for websites to maintain their load speed within 3 seconds to avoid losing conversions which means losing business.
- Slow loading of a website hampers the growth of a website in the long term. Users who visit the site and get annoyed with its speed influence other potential users not to visit the site with their word-of-mouth negative publicity.
- Website loading speed is one of the main factors influencing the SEO rankings and search engine crawlers will not visit websites that have slow loading speeds. Hence, it is required that websites are developed and maintained by the best IT consulting firms.
There are many ways a website’s speed can be improved and optimized. Some of them include minimizing redirection of landing page and plugins; compressing and optimizing files for mobile use; utilizing multi-region hosting to improve server response time; optimizing images to reduce file size and adjusting the content for slower connections and devices.
Quick site speed will provide a great user experience that helps a typical user stay on a site for a longer time. It should be understood that the slow speed of a website will deter its users and compel them to go to a competitor’s website. Partner with Accuprosys, one of the top IT consultants in Hyderabad, for all your website development needs and optimize your website for the search engines with quick site speed.