When you know that search engine optimization (SEO) is critical for your website’s visibility and performance, you must also know that search engine optimization involves two major categories of strategies – on-page SEO and off-page SEO. Both types of search engine optimization are equally essential to increase your website’s visibility. You should be aware of the basic elements that comprise on-page SEO and off-page SEO. In our earlier blog, we discussed what on-page SEO is and its importance. Search engines incorporate organic search algorithms based on several on-page factors and here we shall discuss the key elements of on-page SEO as given by the top SEO analysts.
- Content: The longstanding phrase ‘content is king’ sums up the significance of content in the digital world. There are billions of websites and millions of articles posted on various websites on the internet; to be able to be identifiable in such a competitive industry is not easy and you must provide content of great quality which is not just valuable to the audience but is compelling enough to make them notice and consume your content. According to the top SEO services providers, well-written content for on-page SEO is one which associates with the keywords mentioned in your metadata, another key element of on-page SEO. Valuable, unique, and trustworthy content that is updated and sharable with appropriate keyword placement will satisfy the search engine’s queries and simultaneously fulfill the needs of the users. To make your content be noticed and ranked by search engines to show up in their result pages, it should be –
- Useful and information-rich
- Written with appropriate words that users would key in to find your website or page
- Metadata: The HTML code of each page on your website will have metadata that includes the title tag and meta description which are shown in the search engine results pages. SEO analysts say, your web page’s page title and meta description together represent your web page in the search engines.
- The title tag exists in the head section of every webpage and provides the first clue about the topic the web page is related to. This is generally shown as a clickable link in the search engine results pages and also in the browser window.
- The meta description provides a brief description of your web page below the title tag. To optimize your meta description for search engines, keep it relevant and add at least one keyword. Further, highlight a reason why users should click on the link and go to your web page. SEO services providers suggest writing a meta description yourself; else, the search engine will automatically generate a meta description that could be lengthy and doesn’t summarize your page appropriately.
Users see these elements and take the action of clicking on your link; hence, per the SEO experts, it’s imperative that you ensure your title tag and meta description of your web pages are optimized for on-page SEO.
- Site structure and internal linking: An efficiently designed website structure is fundamental for a search engine to crawl and identify the site’s pages and rank them for the search engine results pages. You must include easy-to-use navigation bars, footers and appropriate internal linking that allow search engines to show relevant pages to the users for their query.
Search engines change or update their algorithms from time to time. To understand the on-page SEO requirements and update your web pages promptly, it is better you hire the best SEO services agency in Hyderabad and implement the best on-page SEO strategies to show up your web page in the top search engine results.