When you start an organization, it’s imperative for you to provide clarity to your employees regarding expectations you have from them to accomplish what you have set out for. To communicate your expectations clearly and concisely, it’s needed that you lay down specific HR policies and share these with your employees at an early stage of your journey to avoid any sort of potential issues. According to the top HR consulting services companies, you must formulate your HR policies as early as possible to ensure clarity among your workforce and gain their trust right from the beginning.
HR consultants often see that the lack of appropriate HR policies is not just the concern of start-ups but well-established organizations as well. Not having HR policies in place creates a kind of insecurity in the organization owners or top-level management. If you want to avoid such insecurity, you must approach the right HR consulting services professionals who can help you frame clear-cut HR policies without overwhelming your employees with unnecessary and lengthy legalistic paperwork. Protecting your work and business will be easier if you have the right kind of HR policies that outline the employees’ expectations along with their rights and obligations right from the start.
If you are a start-up and you are thinking, HR policies are for only established businesses; you are wrong. Start-ups do need HR policies and like any other organization, start-ups will need HR policies according to their unique needs. Per the HR consultants, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to formulate the HR policies and you need to tailor your HR policies per your business needs. However, there are certain common HR policies that any kind of start-up would need to have. Here given are some of these basic policies that you need to outline and communicate with all the related parties.
- Recruitment policy: It is better to have your recruitment policy in place even before you hire employees to ensure that you follow a certain procedure in hiring and don’t invite avoidable issues related to favouritism, equal opportunities, etc. Along with the policy, you must have documents such as an offer letter, appointment letter, contract of employment, etc. ready with you to invite people on board.
- Attendance policy: HR consulting firms opine that this is one of the most significant policies that an organization must have to ensure high levels of productivity from employees and see that there is no loss of working time. Your attendance policy must clearly communicate the login and log out timings along with the lunch and other break durations. If you are offering flexible timings or work-from-home options to your employees, your attendance policy must communicate clear rules regarding these as well.
- Leave policy: Every employee must be eligible for a certain number of days’ leave. You must have a leave policy that defines the categories of leaves your employees would be eligible for and the process of applying for leave. Your leave policy must make it clear for employees as to how many paid leaves they can avail, what are the different categories under which they can avail leave (sick leave, casual leave, half-day leave, etc.) and the circumstances under which their leave can be considered as unscheduled or unpaid leave, etc.
- Salary and benefits policy: This policy plays a significant role in building trust among employees and the management. When you have a salary and benefits policy in place, your employees know how they are being paid and the conditions that make them eligible for various benefits. This boosts employee morale because they know they will be compensated fairly for their work.
- Use of company resources: This is one policy that HR consulting services firms suggest to include in your HR policies to protect your company infrastructure and resources from misuse. Company resources may include office-provided systems, internet facilities, office stationery, etc.
Further, depending on your business needs, values and work culture, you may incorporate policies such as dress code policy, employee health and safety policy, etc. To identify your organization’s requirements and draft appropriate policies, connect with us at Accuprosys, the best HR consulting services firm in Hyderabad.